This article from Vitangeli Dental in Englewood OH is about the American Dental Association. You’ve probably seen their ADA logo on toothpaste and floss, but what else do you know about this organization?
The ADA’s mission is to improve the level of public oral health by supporting the dental industry through not-for-profit federal, state, and local societies. It was established in 1859 and is run by its members, which currently total over 160,000.
The ADA Seal of Acceptance is not an endorsement of a product per se, but rather is a confirmation of the assertions made by said product. Companies who want the ADA certification for a product must submit proof of rigorous scientific testing. Once submitted, the ADA re-tests the product to further verify results. There are currently over 300 products with the ADA certification.
The ADA does more than evaluate dental products. Here are some other ways the ADA works to accomplish its mission:
- Provides resources to support dentists and their practices
- Educates the public about oral health
- Works to increase access to dental care
- Offers advice on vital issues that influence the dental industry
- Cooperates with other organizations on scientific research projects and public health initiatives
- Offers scholarships to dental students
Vitangeli Dental in Englewood OH offers its patients general and cosmetic dentistry. Schedule your next cleaning and checkup with us today.
Contact Vitangeli Dental:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
320 Union Blvd