Now denture wearers have better options than they’ve had in the past. Implant dentistry from Vitangeli Dental in Englewood OH provides numerous advantages over traditional dentures.
How are they different? Implant dentures, as the names suggests, are supported by dental implants. Dental implants are titanium posts inserted into the patient’s jaw. The implants fuse with the bone to provide an extremely stable support for the dentures. Once they are in, they provide near-normal biting power.
- Secure in the mouth—no slipping
- Offers up to 100% natural chewing function
- Upper denture doesn’t cover as much of the palate
- Little or no gum irritation
- Doesn’t inhibit speaking ability
- Strong and durable
- Implants prevent bone loss and “sunken face”
- Allows user to eat any type of food—even steak
- No adhesive required
- Minimally invasive oral surgery for implant placement
Implants require healthy bone structure for placement. The condition of your jaw bone affects whether or not it can support implants and where the posts can be inserted.
Fixed implant-stabilized dentures don’t have to be removed for cleaning. Patients who have found it inconvenient to clean conventional dentures would face the same issue with removable implant-retained dentures.
Implant dentistry from Vitangeli Dental in Englewood OH is a huge step forward in dental technology. Other services include a full range of general dentistry procedures. Schedule your next checkup with us today.
Contact Vitangeli Dental:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):