So you want to whiten your teeth? It’s a competitively-priced way to brighten your smile, look younger, and feel more confident when you interact with people in business or social settings.
Here are 5 things Louis & Dominic Vitangeli DDS recommends when it comes to teeth whitening:
- Meet with your dentist for a consultation first. There are several different teeth whitening systems and a consultation will help you identify which protocol is best for you.
- It is essential to know that whitening does not affect existing fillings, veneers, or crowns.
- During your consultation, decide how many shades lighter you want your teeth to be at the end of the treatment. Depending on the whitening method chosen, your teeth can be lightened three to eight shades. An in-office procedure achieves a degree of lightening that cannot be achieved with an OTC product. During your treatment, your dentist may apply a coating to protect your gums and roots while the bleaching agent is applied.
- An alternative treatment plan is to have your dentist customize a take-home kit for you. Make sure you follow the instructions accurately. First, molds are made from your upper and lower arch. Then the lab creates trays to hold the bleach. While this method may take longer, it is more reasonably priced and more convenient for many patients. Teeth whitening results from either method can last from six months to two years.
- With any of the teeth whitening systems, tooth sensitivity may take place. In most cases, it won’t last for more than a day or so. Call Louis & Dominic Vitangeli DDS if it lasts longer.
Louis & Dominic Vitangeli DDS offers general, restorative, and cosmetic dental services including cosmetic dentistry, restorative dentistry, dental implants, and sedation dentistry. At Louis & Dominic Vitangeli DDS, quality care and a comfortable patient experience are our top priorities.
Contact Louis & Dominic Vitangeli DDS: 937-836-3565
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):