How much do you know about gum disease? Use this little quiz from Vitangeli Dental in Englewood to test your knowledge.
1. Which of the items below are risk factors for gum disease (periodontitis)?
d. Family history
2. Which of the following are possible signs of gum disease?
a. Teeth that appear longer
b. A change in the way dentures fit
c. Bleeding gums
d. Swollen gums
3. Which of the things listed below are possible health matters linked to untreated gum disease?
b. Low birth weight babies
c. Parkinson’s disease
4. What percentage of individuals age 65+ have gum disease?
5. Which of the following treatments are used for gum disease?
a. Scaling and root planing
b. Gum grafting
c. Flap surgery
d. Flip surgery
1. All of the above. Pregnancy, menopause, or any other condition that causes hormonal changes is a risk factor as is any type of malocclusion.
2. All of the above. Note: some patients don’t observe any symptoms.
Gum disease usually responds successfully to treatment, especially when caught early. At Vitangeli Dental in Englewood we treat gum disease, and offer a full range of general dentistry procedures. Call to schedule an appointment today!
Contact Vitangeli Dental:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):