According to the National Oral Health Policy Center, dental decay is the #1 chronic health condition of childhood in the U.S.A..
Drs. Louis and Dominic Vitangeli want to help reverse that trend in Clayton, Englewood, and Dayton areas. Dentistry involves not only caring for the oral health of the patient if problems arise, but also educating the patients, especially young ones about the need to take preventative action.
If not cared for properly, your child’s teeth can develop dental decay, along with gum disease. The following can also be serious, unwanted side-effects of dental decay.
- Intense pain and infection that can spread to the rest of the body.
- Premature loss of baby teeth, causing poor nutrition and difficulty with chewing.
- Sleep deprivation, and increased number of missed school days due to illness, resulting in learning and attention difficulties.
- Hindered social development and lack of self esteem.
- Increase in health care costs
What can you as a parent do to help your child’s oral health?
- Teach them how to brush, and to do so at least twice daily with fluoride toothpaste. Furthermore, teach them the importance of flossing and the correct way to do so.
- Reduce the frequency of their consumption of food and beverages that are loaded in sugar– a main cause of tooth decay.
- Schedule regular dental visits and help your child see the importance of caring for their teeth.
By providing superb, caring dentistry in Dayton and surrounding areas, Drs. Vitangeli want to assist in caring for not only your child’s oral health, but that of the whole family. Make an appointment today and improve the quality of life for you and your family.